Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome to the "Dollhouse"/Goodbye Oscar

EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. - My latest published suite101.com article takes a look at the pilot for Joss Whedon's latest TV series, "Dollhouse." The execution of the pilot seemed fairly lackluster to me, but there are a lot of interesting ideas floating around here. In short, it shows a lot of promise, but I'm not sure if it's appointment viewing for me (though I hear its second episode, which I haven't yet seen, is a stronger effort).

And oh yeah, Oscar night. I pretty much said all I wanted to say about this year's crop of nominees here. As for what will win tonight, well, I'll just go with what the majority seems to be saying that predicting that it'll be Slumdog Millionaire's night (and that that film, however entertaining and zeitgeist-tapping, will be forgotten years from now anyway).

All I know is: last night I was at a friend's wedding, and it was such a joyous and heartwarming occasion that it made me want to watch the less Oscar-celebrated Rachel Getting Married again. (Go Anne Hathaway!)

No comments: