Saturday, December 25, 2010

Video for the Day: "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," Coldplay Style

EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J.—Though I have a general love/hate relationship with Coldplay (A Rush of Blood to the Head is great, but the rest I can take or leave), I've always enjoyed lead singer Chris Martin's interpretation of that holiday chestnut "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," with its piano-driven intimacy and simplicity. It's far from the most immaculately sung version out there, but it's warm in a way that feels completely true to the spirit of the season. (It's available on a compilation holiday album entitled Maybe This Christmas.)

Enjoy:




Anyway, just wanted to share that with all of you. I hope you've all been enjoying your Christmas holiday today, whether you've been opening presents or, if you're Jewish, indulging in Chinese food! Me, I came back to visit my folks in East Brunswick, and took one of the more refreshing afternoon naps I've had in a long while. Yay for holiday laziness!

No comments: