Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Brief Hiking Excursion, in Pictures

EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. - Once in a while, my parents---well, my mom, mostly---gets an inkling to just go out one day during some weekend---usually a Sunday---and go hiking somewhere.

Not that we're serious hardcore hikers, mind you. It's usually just a chance to get out of the house and enjoy nature. And God knows we members of the Fujishima family need some of those chances! (We're all either working or doing homework or doing stuff on computers, it seems.)

Today was one of those days.

It was a pretty hot day too. Not ultra-humid, 90° weather---I think we've hiked in weather that hot in the past---but enough to work us into a reasonable sweat as we walked around trails in the Delaware Water Gap area and either admired scenery or, in the case of my youngest brother Michow, complaining about how much walking he has to do.

I could try to exercise my writing muscles by intricately describing some of the sights and sounds I experienced today. But on the commonly held belief that a picture is a worth a thousand words, I'll just show you a handful of digital photographs to give you all an idea of what my clan did today:

This photo was taken by yours truly at the end of the Dingman's Ferry Bridge in the Delaware Water Gap. As you can see, I tried to capture this waterfall at a strange angle---what cinematographers might call a "dutch-angle shot."

Another one taken by moi. No special angles for this one; just an attempt at a bird's-eye view of majestic trees.

I didn't take this one, but we did see quite a few of these little...toads? I think they're toads; not exactly sure whether this is a toad or a frog. Anyway, we saw quite a few of these while walking a nature trail.

Ah, just a silly little picture I felt like throwing in at the end of this post. My older younger brother Masao is the one on the left. This looks like a caught-in-the-moment photo, but it's actually not; it's just both of us being goofy as Mom took our picture next to the fake deer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a nice time. Beautiful place for hiking. Nice pictures too!

Anonymous said...

Next time maybe take the whole family to go water rafting on the Delaware River!

Anonymous said...

While River Rafting can be fun, somehow I feel that sticking to hiking and photography would be best suitable for you and your family. River Rafting can be both dangerous and scary for newbies and unless you are really "into it" I would not go there. (P.S. I have been white water rafting in North Carolina and Colorado, so I know what I am talking about.) I am the "anonymous" who made the first post; hiking is good for you and the family and you had fun---that's all that you need.

Anonymous said...

^0