Monday, November 07, 2011

Congratulations to all the New York City Marathon Runners!

NEW YORK—I shot more video and posted it for all to see on YouTube!



Yesterday's New York City Marathon was the first I got to see up close and personal...so naturally, I decided to commemorate this personal landmark by capturing some of it on video.

It was actually rather inspiring to be part of the crowd, cheering on these millions of runners. Hell, it was so infectious that I even got into the running spirit, however briefly (I ran a few blocks from the Atlantic Avenue MTA station in Brooklyn down 4th Avenue to around Satter Street in Brooklyn in order to try to meet up with a couple of friends and spot another friend of mine actually running the marathon; then I ran back up to the Atlantic Avenue station in order to try to rush to work).

Amidst the cheering, I briefly flirted with the idea of maybe running this marathon one of these years. We'll see if that ever becomes a reality...

In any case, congratulations to all the intrepid people who ran, and successfully finished, the marathon yesterday. You all are more awesome than I will probably ever be!

No comments: