Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Second Day Star Sighting

EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. - My second day of work at Megamovies was basically more of the same from yesterday. I learned a little more stuff---what to do if people wanted gift certificates of "Mega Money," how to answer phones, etc.---but otherwise it was more cash-taking and ticket-giving.

But there was a star sighting of sorts tonight. Hallie Kate Eisenberg showed up tonight for an evening screening of Nacho Libre. Hallie Kate Eisenberg, of course, is best known as the "Pepsi Girl"; she once did a whole lot of Pepsi commercials a few years ago as a younger girl. She has also been in a few movies as well (including Paulie, Beautiful, and some TV movies, like a TV version of William Gibson's The Miracle Worker). What some of you readers might not know---unless, I suppose, you've checked her on the Internet Movie Database---is that she is an East Brunswick girl. So I guess she was in town tonight, having wrapped up production on her newest film, How to Eat Fried Worms. "They've been showing your trailer for your latest film," I said to her as she was filling out information so we could accept her Screen Actors' Guild (SAG) pass. She chuckled briefly and said, "Oh yeah?"

For fellow EB-ers, yes, her parents were there too.

After we had given her and her parents their tickets, my coworker said, "I can't believe I met the Pepsi girl!"

She wasn't the only one who was able to show us an official pass of that sort. Some other lady came in and showed us a card proving that she was a member of the Directors' Guild of America (DGA). I asked this woman what kind of films she's been involved in; she mentioned titles but I'd never heard of them. I didn't get a chance to talk to her more, however, because the line was slightly busy and I had to deal with customers. (The lady's filmography on IMDb is here. Apparently she produced a movie starring Tyne Daly.)

Even as a lowly cashier at a local movie theater, there can still occasionally be surprises, it seems.

I'm still waiting for the craziness to come on Friday evening---just because it's Friday evening.

No comments: