Friday, January 16, 2009

A New Outlet!

EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. - In the what-the-hell spirit that I'm trying to foster for myself (with varying degrees of success so far; impulsiveness doesn't always come easily to me), I recently decided to try my hand at some freelance writing on the side for a site entitled suite101.com, a site that covers a wide variety of subjects and carries a wide variety of writers. I basically put in an online application, submitted two short clips of mine, and bam! A few days later, I got an email saying that they had hired me to basically contribute 10 articles in three months on whatever I felt like writing about.

Thus my first contribution, and probably the only one I'll be putting up for this week: this piece on the latest season of 24.

At the very least, this will hopefully force me to keep those writing juices flowing...juices I allowed to run perilously dry towards the tail end of last year (as evidenced by my paltry amount of blog posts). I'm not sure whether this will lead to anything for my future...but at this point, I'm mostly just interested in keeping myself active and engaged.

No comments: