Friday, December 04, 2009

Day of Birth

EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. - Twenty-four years ago today, I was given birth and thus introduced to this world.

Twenty-four years later—well, I could do all the usual the introspective things and reflect on how much I've learned over the years (a lot, obviously), how much I have yet to learn, what lies ahead for me and what I would like to lie ahead. But for now, I will not do that. (If I did, who knows? I may end up feeling more depressed than invigorated.) Instead, I'm going to paaaaaaartyyyyy!!! 

In that spirit, I am celebrating my 24th birthday with a two-night, two-city celebration. On the first night, tonight from 8 p.m. - 2 a.m., I plan to have some tapas, drinks and hookah at the Kairo Kafe in New Brunswick, N.J. (an area close to my home turf).

Then, on Saturday night, also from 8 p.m. - 2 a.m., I will trek to New York to hang out for more drinks (but no hookah) at Langan's, a pretty nice bar and restaurant on 47th St. between 6th and 7th Aves., very close to my office, the News Corp. building. (The snow that is forecast for Saturday will not stop me, though I hope that won't stop others from coming out.)

Consider this an open invitation to all of you fine readers of mine to come and wish me a happy birthday on either of those nights, if you can swing it. Maybe I'll meet some of you readers for the first time!

No comments: