Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Link for the Day: A Look Inside My Place of Employment!

NEW YORK—If any of you are curious as to what the interiors of the office at which I work look like...well, look no further!

Photo credit: Albert Vecerka/ESTO

Last week, one of my co-workers showed me this article from a recent issue of the magazine Architectural Record, which evaluated the architectural worth of the design of the Dow Jones offices in the News Corp. building located in midtown Manhattan. I'm not as up on architecture in general as I should be (this despite all the time I spent reading Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead when I was in high school, LOL), so the article itself is of interest to me personally only insofar as it offers a fresh way of looking at the environment in which I work five days a week.

For the most part, though: Look at the pictures! That's where I work! Isn't it cool (imagine me saying that with John Travolta/Broken Arrow inflections)? Doesn't it remind you, at least in part, of 2001: A Space Odyssey with a pinch of Blade Runner?

(By the way: I posted this last week on my Facebook wall and my Twitter feed, so this is probably old news for those who follow me on both social-media platforms. But I meant to post the link on this blog as well, and am only now getting around to sharing it with the rest of world. 'Cause I'm sure there are some people out there who don't go on either Facebook or Twitter. Wherever they are...well, here you go.)

No comments: